Parking facility Kivisydän in Oulu
Below the centre of Oulu, Finland, we constructed a parking facility that will play an important role in the development of the city centre.
The Kivisydän underground parking facility, excavated at a depth of around 30 metres below the centre of Oulu, is a high-quality parking facility utilising modern technology. Its functionality, safety and comfort is among the elite of Finnish parking facilities. Even during its construction phase, Kivisydän has been more than just an underground parking garage. It is an infrastructure solution enabling the comprehensive development of the city centre above ground.
Kivisydän in numbers
- Unique parking facility in Oulu, Finland with a total area of more than 50,000 square metres.
- 900 parking spaces, two ramps and six car parks.
- Nine underground links to premises and streets in the city centre, 25 lifts.
- An average of 100 employees during construction.
- Underground street network for vehicles and pedestrians.
- A maintenance tunnel under the city centre, providing access to maintenance facilities for vehicles. Four maintenance yards for business premises, two of which will be constructed later.
- An air-raid shelter for 3,000 people.