Jouni Pekonen appointed Executive Vice President, Procurement and member of the Executive Board of Lemminkäinen
LEMMINKÄINEN CORPORATION STOCK EXCHANGE RELEASE 17.2.2012, at 9.00 AM
JOUNI PEKONEN APPOINTED EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, PROCUREMENT AND MEMBER OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD OF LEMMINKÄINEN
Jouni Pekonen, (b. 1963), M.Sc. (Eng.), has been appointed Executive Vice President, Procurement and member of the Executive Board of Lemminkäinen. Pekonen will start in his new position on 19 March 2012 and report to CEO Timo Kohtamäki.
Pekonen has previously held positions in international procurement management at Rautaruukki, Andritz Group and Metso. He also possesses a versatile work history of development, production and sales positions in industry.
Lemminkäinen is accelerating its profitability trend with an efficiency programme that was launched in October 2011. The efficiency programme is expected to generate annual cost savings of EUR 50 million from 2013 onwards. Boosting efficiency in procurements will yield about EUR 30 million of these savings.
The Lemminkäinen Executive Board as of 19 March 2012
- Timo Kohtamäki, President and CEO
- Henrik Eklund, Executive Vice President, International Operations
- Harri Kailasalo, Executive Vice President, Infrastructure Construction
- Marcus Karsten, Executive Vice President, Technical Building Services
- Tiina Mellas, Executive Vice President, Human Resources and ICT
- Tiina Mikander, Executive Vice President, Corporate Business Development
- Jouni Pekonen, Executive Vice President, Procurement
- Jukka Terhonen, Executive Vice President, Building Construction
- Robert Öhman, Chief Financial Officer
Timo Kohtamäki, President and CEO
Tel. +358 2071 53263
NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange Helsinki
Lemminkäinen Group operates in all areas of the construction sector. The Group's business sectors are building construction, infrastructure construction, technical building services and international operations. Net sales in 2011 were about EUR 2.2 billion, of which international operations accounted for roughly a quarter. The Group employs 8,400 people an average. Lemminkäinen Corporation's share is quoted on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange Helsinki. www.lemminkainen.com