The environmental policy ratified by the company's Board of Directors lays down guidelines for the development of environmental work throughout the whole company. Lemminkäinen implements the principles of sustainable development in its own sphere of operations. The company strives to provide its clients with products and services that embody the attributes of economy, customer satisfaction, quality, safety and environmental well-being.
In order to achieve its environmental goals, the company
- observes environmental legislation concerning its operations.
- assesses the environmental risks of its activities, strives to eliminate them and to improve its control over them.
- uses recyclable materials and products in its operations and reduces their harmful environmental impacts through the development of products, production processes and operating procedures.
- requires its subcontractors and contract partners to operate in a manner that supports the implementation of Lemminkäinen's environmental policy.
- steers its personnel toward accepting their responsibilities in environmental questions by means of consistent training and guidance.
- continuously improves the management of environmental issues.
- plays an active role in the dissemination of information on environmental issues and engages in an open debate on environmental questions related to its activities.